Wednesday 20 October 2010

Christmas pillow - star block

Well... this time had to come. I made my first (and probably the last) patchwork pillow. There are/were two reasons why I started at all... first, I wanted to make something for my mum for Christmas, and second... there is an ongoing challenge HERE. As I started I realised that it would be foolish to leave it in the middle of the work, so I finished it. But it wasn't easy. All those small pieces that you have to put together... all those corners which have to join perfectly... I think I'm not good at doing anything bigger than a cup coaster.
But... it's not about me, but about the pillow :)
You can find the instruction how to make such a star block HERE .
I used christmas fabrics, with golden stars, curles and brown reindeers (my cat is always doing the quality check... seems this time he's not pleased):



I did some quilting around the star:


I'm especially proud of this corner... where everything is like it's suppose to be:


some quilting in the middle (star in the star):


and the back (looks very nice for me):




 Maybe you will also try to make a star block pillow for Christmas?

Wish you a nice evening :)


3 comments:

  1. co to za marudzenie? Gwiazda jest śliczna, niesamowite pikowanki i te tkaniny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. rewelacyjna podusia! Kolorki cudowne, pikowanki mistrzowskie i ta piękna gwiazda na środku...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your Christmas pillow! Thank you so much for attending my give away :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...