Tuesday, 24 May 2011

'Shattered rainbow' quilt top

I think about 3 weeks ago I saw this graphic made by Andy Gilmore:


I was fascinated by the colour combination on this one. There is some order in this mess ;) So... I bought 4 charm packs of Kona cotton (dark, pastel, dusty and classic) to make it. After I finished what I previously planned, I thought the quilt would make a great picknick blanket.



And here it is: 'Shattered rainbow' quilt :D

I've sewn some emerald and candy green border and some more half-squares around. I used those charm squares which I had left. I really used almost all of those 4 charm packs. I'm only left with few blue ones, about 10 red and some brown squares...



I ordered fabric for backing yesterday. Should be here tomorrow and I can't wait to continue... [the fabric for the 'Amethyst quilt' haven't arrived yet... I'm starting to worry. It's about time!]

Hope you like it :)

33 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is fabulous! So alive with colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super beautiful and I love all the color! it will be perfect for a picnic blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely - so colourful and cheery. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I love how the colors came together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely beautiful! I love it! I have some paint chips I haven't done anything with, maybe I'll try to do something similar :) Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful love the colors they seem to all shine together

    ReplyDelete
  7. It just makes me smile :) It's beautiful and yes, although it's scattered one can see the structures / the order behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cudna! Na sam widok "geba" sie smieje .Miks i polaczenie kolorow jest genialne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I really, really like all the colors and the solid- can't wait to see what you choose for the back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colors, chasing those grey skies away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rewelacyjnie wygląda .

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Found you via Today's Creative blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - what an eye candy quilt. Love it. FYI, I found you from the link party. I also pinned your quilt to my Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is Incredible. i'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE THIS QUILT TOP!!!! Love, love, love it!
    Visiting from Fireflies and Jelly Beans link-up.
    ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Kirie, it's fabulous! Such an amazing use of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh. Wow. I love this quilt! How awesome! It sparkles!

    BTW, I am givng a quilt away on my blog tomorrow... feel free to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is incredible!!!! Great job! I wish I had your eye for the pattern and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. uwielbiam Twoje prace i uwielbiam takie kolory :)
    A gdzie kupowałaś ten materiał??

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is wonderful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Te czyste kolory są znakomite. Razem działają jak mandala. Świetne.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so awesome that I featured you!

    Stop by and grab a button if you'd like.

    xoxo

    Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete
  25. GORGEOUS! I wish I had that kinda craftiness in me. :) So impressive.
    Stoppin by from HOH!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just stunning!! And such a wonderful use of those charm square packs:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...