Sunday 18 September 2011

'Jar shelf' MQ and a free PP pattern


I made it some time ago. A mini quilt for my kitchen. 

First draft of the pattern was already made ages ago (the idea came from a honey jar) but I didn't have time to sit and sew something out of it. I was atracted by the idea od the jars on the shelves, so I've sewn nine jars in rainbow colours and placed them on three shelves. I aded little satin bows to each jar (except the dark grey one, this one has a button; reason for it is simple - I don't have dark grey satin ribbon :) ) and hand stitched around each jar with different embroidery threads.

Mini quilt do kuchni. Wzor mialam juz przygotowany wieki temu (inspiracja byl sloik z miodem z jakiegos zdjecia). Kazdy sloik ma mala satynowa kokardke pod zakretka (tylko ciemny siwy sloik nie ma kokardki, tylko guziczek; powod jest najprostszy z mozliwych - nie mialam ciemnej siwej tasiemki). Kazdy sloik jest recznie przepikowany dookola kolorowa mulina. 





You can downlowad the free pdf file with the jar pattern HERE.
I also uploaded it on google docs HERE

[sorry for the previous link which needed login on scribd web. I changed the link now - should work fine]

Darmowy wzor w formacie pdf mozna sciagnac TUTAJ.
Plik jest tez dostepny przez Google docs TUTAJ

[przepraszam za poprzedni link - wymagane bylo zalogowanie na stronie scribd, zeby sciagnac plik; zmienilam strone, teraz powinno dzialac bez problemu]


(the pattern slightly changes in the upper part from the jars on the pictures ; I corrected it after sewing this mini quilt).

The jar pattern is perfect for the kitchen items - MQ, potholders, coasters, tea towels, etc. I would love to see what you have created using this pattern - if you will have any photos you can email them to me, or link to your post in a comment or upload them to my flickr group pool.

Wzor rozni sie odrobine od sloikow pokazanych na zdjeciach (po uszyciu tego quiltu poprawilam go troche w gornej czesci). Z jego uzyciem mozna uszyc rozmaite kuchenne drobiazgi - mini quilty, podkladki, lapki, etc. Bardzo bym chciala zobaczyc rzeczy uszyte z wykorzystaniem tego wzoru (jesli sie na uszycie czegos zdecydujecie) - bede wdzieczna za zdjecia albo link do postu na blogu.

36 comments:

  1. smakowite są te Twoje słoiki :)
    A ja mam pytanie techniczne: Czy pikowanie ręczne to jest po prostu tak zwany ścieg za igłą czy fastrygowy czy jeszcze w imię innej koncepcji się go robi??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jar quilt is SO lovely! Thank you for sharing the pattern!! I found you through Sew Many Ways blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt looks marvelous!!!I love it and THANKS for the free pattern!!
    Hugs from Brasil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this!! The embroidery that surrounds each is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is so fun. I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jar quilt is absolutely beautiful! This would really be fun to paper piece, love your fabric combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo sweeet))))beautiful quilt)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wspaniała makatka!
    Myślę, że ten guziczek to nawet dodaje smaczku!
    Jest przecudna!
    Jesteś wspaniałą artystką!

    Dziękuję za wzorek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable! It will make a sweet Christmas present for my neighbor. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute cute cute! thanks for the pattern! hopped over from sew many ways :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This mini quilt is absolutely adorable! I've never done this type of pieceing before, but I'm definitely going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt and thank you so much for the jar pattern too!I haven't tried paper piecing before but I like the look of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog! I found you through Flickr, you favoured my white raven. So I took a look at your photo's and here I am, enjoying !
    If you like , check my blog: http://pipspoppies.blogspot.com/

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! Thank you for sharing this pattern with us. I see some future jars in my kitchen :)

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Śliczności - chętnie skorzystam (jeśli czas pozwoli) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful little quilt - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rewelacja! Świetne te słoiki! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sweet on you...everyone of your lovely jars too...you are in ????
    we need you for a tutorial soon...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Śliczna praca :-)
    Następna (do kolejki), którą bym chętnie uszyła :-)Tylko tego czasu coś za mało ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job! Bardzo mi sie podoba. I am your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable. How kind of you to share the pattern. I'd love to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pattern! So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tutorial zgrany na dysk, teraz zaczne myslec nad doborem materialow :) Przepieknie prezentował by sie w kuchni mojej mamy, chyba zrobie jej prezent :) Pozdrawiam! No i dodaje bloga do obserwowanych.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How beautiful your panel, you always surprise us with beautiful work, really a great artist! I love the color the ornament with ribbon, everything. It would be an abuse I use a similar idea to take advantage of oriental fabrics that I have here?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much for sharing the pattern....another project has been added to my "To Do" list

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is fabulous. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is just darling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is lovely.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like your jars, thanks so much for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope you do not mind but I took your picture of the jars and put if on my blog because I actually made the jar quilt and am posting today. If you want me to take it down, I will.
    www.bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, I just downloaded your free jelly jar pattern. Thank you for sharing it. https://tunaquilts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...