Wednesday 2 November 2011

Bloggers’ Quilt Festival :: Fall 2011

I've sewn few quilts this year, but this one is my fav. And my first one also. 'Shattered rainbow'. Those who visit my blog know the quilt top already, but just a short note for those who are here for the first time. The quilt top is based on the graphic made by Andy Gilmore. I was fascinated by the colour combination on this one. There is some order in this mess ;) So... I bought 4 charm packs of Kona cotton (dark, pastel, dusty and classic) to make it. After I finished what I previously planned, I thought the quilt would make a great picknick blanket.



And here's the finished top:



  

The back:



You can see all the wonderful entries for this year's Bloggers’ Quilt Festival on Amy's web:



Amy'sCreativeSide 

28 comments:

  1. eeeehhh...znowu musze szczeke z podlogi podnosic ;)
    piekny, kolorowy energetyczny CUDO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ale piękny, kolorowy taki energetyczny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fakt - mistrzostwo szycia i połączenia kolorów :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the solids!

    Margaret
    msolomo1@maine.rr.com
    www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! I totally love your quilt with those vibrant colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Der Quilt ist soooooooooo schön!!!!!
    Wunderbar!
    Liebe Grüße
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. A show stopper for sure! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very, very beautiful! I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love it - the back is lovely and the front is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic, I love the optical illusion you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love this quilt, nice to see it shown off in the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love quilts made entirely out of solids -- and i think the back is as equally beautiful as the back. great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt are wonderful:))

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful. Combining just solids in that way is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Makes me want to sing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this quilt! Love how simple solids make a bold statement!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! WOW! and more WOW! My jaw dropped on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Strasznie Ci zazdroszczę tych szwalniczych umiejętności. Boskie patchworki ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful...great job with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greetings from Hungary. I really like your quilt. Beautiful colors, and stitching. I love the asymmetrical patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that's an ambitious project. The solids look great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so impressed by your vision. You did such a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jakie piękne !!! Ile pracy !
    Naprawdę pełen podziw !!!
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie !!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...