Friday 24 February 2012

Main Quilt Festival's entry

Main Quilt Festival 2012 started today in Aschaffenburg. It will last for 3 days (I'm driving on Sunday there). 

I have only 1 photo to show you at the moment - my entry for the Festival's contest 'Quilt and embroidery' (I will write later a post or two about the process of working on the quilt). 

My first pictorial quilt in such size (1m x 1m):


I based the quilt on one of the wonderful works of Gracjana Zielinska (with permission of course).

It took me few months to finished it. It's a mix of raw edge applique, textile painting and thread painting. I will write all the details (and post more photos) in future posts.

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic work! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. I bet it is twice as stunning in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinary!! I can't wait to see and read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a winner for sure - cannot believe that there is anything out there that would be better - wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wiele razy już chwaliłam i zachwycałam się tym dziełem. To jest na prawdę COŚ. Gratuluję jeszcze raz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing creation! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kirie-piękne! trzymamy kciuki:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wspaniały quilt!!! Bardzo oryginalny! Rzadko zdarzają się takie wyjątkowe prace:) Aż jestem ciekawa jak go wykonałaś? Życzę powodzenia:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twój quilt jest wyjątkowy. Koniecznie wrzuć zdjęcia prosto z wystawy:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kirie, this is just fabulous! I especially love how you did the many folds in the fabrics, and the swirls in the background. I hope you will win some prizes with this quilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! You should be very proud

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...