Saturday 1 December 2012

November

November was a busy months for me. And not easy one as I faced two wrist injuries. At the beginning, I strained my left wrist during training. After about 2 weeks everything got back to normal, but then the same thing happened to my right wrist (but it got better in few days). I was still machine sewing a bit then, but hand sewing wasn't possible at all. 

Besides all the Christmas ornaments I made, I've finished low volume quilt for my mum (which she liked very much :D ). It's backed with a soft and thick cream fleece:

Listopad to dlugi miesiac. I nie byl dla mnie latwy. Jeszcze pod koniec pazdziernika nabawilam sie urazu lewego nadgarstka podczas treningu, po 2 tygodniach sie polepszylo, ale zaczelam miec problemy z prawym nadgarstkiem. Te na szczescie minely dosc szybko, ale przez ten czas szylam niewiele. Oprocz ozdob swiatecznych, skonczylam w listopadzie quilt dla mamy (gora patchworkowa, spod z miekkiego, grubego polaru):


I also finished a pillow cover for Modern She Made swap (I sent it after the deadline, which is not my usual thing to do, but I hope it will arrive before Christmas). Parts of the pillow are paper pieced. The front is mostly made of Oakshott Rubies, thin orange stripes are of Kona cotton, middle stripe and orange border is from Outfoxed (Lizzy House) collection. The colours are really intensive:

Uszylam poduszke na wymianke (wyslalam po czasie, ale termin wysylki byl jeszcze wtedy, gdy moj nadgarstek byl zabandazowany, wiec mam usprawiedliwienie ;). Przod czesciowo PP, uszyty z Oakshott Rubies, Kony cotton i materialu z kolekcji Outfoxed (Lizzy House). Bardzo intensywne i energetyczne kolory:




I also received a pillow cover from Modern She Made swap from Jen aka A Quilting Jewel. It came together with a cute little pincushion and a set of threads:

Z tej samej wymianki doszla do mnie poduszka od Jen aka A Quilting Jewel. Jest przesliczna. W 'moich' kolorach i pieknie przepikowana:


A layer cake of Curio and a charm pack of Mama said SEW arrived also to my door. Just had to buy the layer cake. Love the colours and prints in Curio and as it's so hard to get already, I wanted to have it before it will be too late. And a charm pack will always be handy:

Doszedl do mnie layer cake z kolekcji Curio, ktory zamowilam kilka tygodni temu. Kupilam, bo materialy bardzo mi sie podobaja, a niestety, coraz trudniej je dostac. Nie chcialam, zeby bylo za pozno. A charm pack zawsze sie przyda:


And it seems the winter is finally comming... Look whom I've got today in the morning :D (now that's a bit unusuall great tit, LOL; first time I saw a great spotted woodpecker eating like this):

No i wyglada na to, ze zima wreszcie nadchodzi... dzis mialam nietypowego goscia na sikorkowej kulce :D


12 comments:

  1. Your oakshott cushion is just stunning Joanna. As always, I'm blown away by your talent :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all better. Pretty cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pillows! And the bird.... I have never seen one if those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your low volume quilt - and the red pillow is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the leaf pillow ~ what a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pillow you did. It's beautiful and the stripe of orange was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piękną, taką stonowaną i bardzo spokojną narzutę - prezent uszyłaś:) myślę, że bardzo się Rodzicom spodoba:) a uszyta przez Ciebie poducha wymiankowa? super! fajna sprawa takie wymianki, gra w ciemno i zawsze niespodzianka - ta jest bardzo ładna i bardzo podoba mi się dobór kolorów:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tutaj jak zawsze same śliczności. Cieszę się, że wróciłaś już do zdrowia i nie życzę Ci więcej takich chorób!!!!
    Narzuta dla mamy prześliczna! Podusia wymiankowa też! Taka bardzo energetyczna!!!
    I prześliczną Ty dostałaś - te malusie kwadraciki mnie oczarowały!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you got the pillow and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my ..your photos are just picture perfect..colors of quilt and pillow divine...your bird...oh sweet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bardzo ładna narzuta i obie poduszki. Twoja w meksykańskiej czerwieni jest przepiękna.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...