Monday 15 April 2013

Roaring Deer {Forest QAL}

Another Monday and another animal in our Forest QAL. 'Roaring deer'. The block is freshly finished as I started sewing today (the weather during the weekend was so nice that I was outside for the best part of those days and not thinking about sewing :) ). Hope you'll like the deer!

Kolejny poniedzialek i kolejny zwierzak w lesie :) Szylam dzisiaj, jak zwykle na ostatnia chwile, bo w weekend byla taka ladna pogoda, ze czas spedzilam poza domem (dzis jest tez bardzo ladnie ale szyc w koncu kiedys trzeba ;) ). Mam nadzieje, ze spodoba sie wam Ryczacy Jelen!




Block measures 12" x 12" finished: 
Blok ma 30 cm x 30cm:

 

* here is the mirrored image of the block:
 * tu jest lustrzane odbicie bloku:


*Important!* The templates in pdf are mirrored, so to get the correct direction in the block (deer facing right), you have to sew with printed-side of the paper up and the fabric is on the non-printed side of the paper, with the wrong side of the fabric facing the paper.
*Wazne!* Zeby otrzymac dokladnie taki blok jak pokazalam na pierwszym obrazku (jelen zwrocony w prawa strone), musicie szyc strona zadrukowana do gory, a material ma znajdowac sie pod spodem, lewa strona zwrocony do papieru.
And a blank picture for those who want to play with colours before sewing:
Tutaj obrazek bez kolorow, zebyscie mogli wyprobowac zestawienia kolorystyczne zanim zaczniecie szyc:


* assembling parts:
* kolejnosc zszywania elementow bloku:

  
Don't forget to show us your block in Forest QAL Flickr group!
Nie zapomnijcie pokazac swoich blokow w naszej Flickr'owej grupie

19 comments:

  1. Wow Joanna this is amazing!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's beautiful! I'm so happy you made a deer because my Finnish forest has reindeers!I shall absolutely add this to my forest! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rewelacyjny!!! Na pewno go uszyję do kompletu:)
    Nie wiem dlaczego, ale w moim pasku bocznym nie pokazują się Twoje aktualne posty. Zawiesiło się na bloglovin:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosiu ja mialam to samo. Mimo, ze zaimportowalam wszystkie blogi z Google Readera, updates z tego bloga nie pojawialy sie w Bloglovin. Kliknelam po prostu jeszcze raz 'follow with bloglovin' i teraz juz wszystko dziala jak powinno.

      Delete
  4. This is just gorgeous! And you are so good at choosing the perfect fabric for each section!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I need to catch up on my blocks - can't wait to do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TAK TAK TAK! Marzylam o jakims jeleniu w tym QAL, ale sie ciesze! Teraz tylko musze zrobic zalegle bloki, bo utknelam w miejscu a juz najwyzszy czas na mobilizacje.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is just beautiful...what a fine piece of craftmanship. You are truly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandsons would love this in their rooms but I'm having difficulty figuring out how many different fabrics to have on hand. I think it is seven? This pattern will haunt me until I give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grandsons would love this in their rooms but I'm having difficulty figuring out how many different fabrics to have on hand. I think it is seven? This pattern will haunt me until I give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great block and I'm sorry to ruin the name of it but this is a not a deer. It's a bugling elk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your "deer" looks more like a elk

    ReplyDelete
  12. For those that think this is an elk instead of a deer I wanted to let you know that this is a Roe Deer, which is the same deer as Bambi. I believe that Joanna is from Germany and this is what their deer look like.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...