Tuesday 16 September 2014

Are you afraid of spiders? Tarantula PP block.

I know, it's not usual to see such PP block... I've made it for my friend's birthday. She has spiders. And no, I'm no friend to them. The spiders, I mean. But still I decided to suprise her with a pillow made just for her. I used plain beige background so that the spider pops out more. For the orange details I used amazing orange-golen fabric from Arstisan Spirit collection which I got from Robin's Patchwork.
BTW, I guess the block would look cool as part of some Halloween projects. In few days I will prepare the pattern if you would like to make yourself some big scary spider ;)

Post dla tych o mocnych nerwach ;) Niezbyt czesty wodok... tarantula na poduszce, ale i okazja byla specjalne - urodziny kolezanki, milosniczki wlochatych osmionogow. Materialy wybralam specjalnie dosc jednolite, bo wzor jest dosc skomplikowany i nie chcialam robic zamieszania. Pomarancz to pozlacana tkanina z kolekcji Artisan Spirit, ktora jest dostepna w Robin's Patchwork (niestety, zlotej rolki juz nie ma) - super jakosc, bardzo intensywne nasycone kolory - uratowala mnie, bo niewiele pomaranczow u mnie w szafie. 
Mysle, ze blok fajnie by sie wpasowal w jakies Halloweenowe 'straszne' projekty lub tak jak w moim przypadku jako prezent dla kogos, kto ma pajaki :) Na dniach skoncze przygotowywac wzor:








17 comments:

  1. Wow I'm not fond of spiders but this looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am scared of spiders but oh my this is a gorgeous block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. na sam widok mnie otrzepało, choć z reguły pająków sie nie boją, to na podusię chyba bym się nie zdecydowała:) pozdrawiam:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing block, Joanna! Good thing I'm not afraid of spiders as I have a son that has been fascinated by them for years. I bet he would love a pillow made using this fabulous block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jest obrzydliwy, Joasiu !!! Pająków nie znoszę...szczególnie takich włochatych. Twoja koleżanka jest pewnie przeszczęśliwa, bo bardziej przerażającego pająka nie mogłaś wymyślić. Żeby wszystko było jasne, to są to same komplementy :):)

      Delete
  6. I'm not fond of spiders but this is a fantastic block quilty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zapytam jeszcze o coś przy okazji. Nie pikowałaś tej poduszki?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am only scared of big ugly spiders, but I don't like any of them, especially if they are in my house. This spider is amazing and looks harmless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the spider! Can't wait to make it for my son...who does not like them....but I know he will enjoy your big one. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm scared of spiders, but this one is incredible, I'd love to make him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To nie będzie mój ulubiony wzór, bo boję się pająków:D a ten jest bardzo realistyczny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your process photos! I tend to get excited when making big and complex pp patterns and I sew little bits together before I have them all made. Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Świetny blok, ja lubię pająki :) Rzeczywiście idealny na Halloween ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh... that is awesome! And scary. :) The quilting complements the design beautifully as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...