When I red about the Block Party at Quiltstory blog I decided to join (seems that it looks like I'm joining everything and everywhere last days... ;) ). You can add a block in 3 categories: modern, traditional and creative. As I'm not good in traditional patchwork I prepared 2 kreative blocks and 1 modern (or at least it was suppose to be modern, but at the end it looks... hmmm... how to say it gently... bad?). I will add it anyway, as it's already made.
First block is with an owl applique. As my previous appliques - it's raw edge applique. To create an owl I used about 10 different fabrics. I know, again I'm stuck with shades of brown, but I somehow couldn't make a pink or green owl :/ I'm quilte happy with the result :)
Especially I love the eyes... I had a small piece of fabric with golden pattern on it and it fits perfectly to the owl. The beak and the black shades are painted with textile paint.
As I got my fabric I could finally finished my moth (more details HERE) into a block. And I did:
I didn't cut the edges yet and the block was hangin' in such a way that it looks like there is something seriously wrong with it ;) I can asure you, that everything is fine, it's just the photo. I planned to make more gray shading on the frame, but the other fabrics which I have didn't fit there. I think that now my moth looks really like a bug in a framed picture :)
EDIT: I decide to make one more :) I had a sudden idea and a sudden need. It's not much Spring theme, but somehow it fits me. 'Cherry tree':
And the last - a 'bad' one - and again, it suppose to look differently (it did look differently in my head) but in real life it looks like this:
I think that for some short time I will slow down with work. I have some things which have to be finished... (and those are other ones than sewing ;) ).